Student Code of Conduct
The following is allowed and somewhat expected:
- Challenging - demanding more details or a deeper meaning.
- Sharing - telling stories to illustrate a point or a question, even if dramatic.
- Questioning - asking uncomfortable questions publicly.
We have a safe and connected community that thrives through sharing. Know that you are safe here! You may share as much or as little as you wish. Private or personal questions should not be posted publicly, but we leave that to your own comfort level.
At The YBNL College, we assume registration fees and tuition will keep non-students (trolls) away, but anything can happen. We strive to maintain a safe atmosphere that encourages learning and positive change. Alert the Ombudsman (in Rooms) if you encounter any anti-social issues. The YBNL College aims to maintain its inherent positivity, first and foremost. Let's all play nice!
- 1. No Trolling
- 2. No Spamming
Everything else is details (below, if needed).
Conduct that invites application of YBNL material:
- Arguing - usually a precursor to trolling or bullying, disagreement about concepts are almost always arguments about the definitions of the words used.
- Debating - usually a precursor to trolling or bullying, debate is an attempt to avoid change.
- Drama - emotional storytelling without a drive to resolution.
- Venting - The YBNL material can trigger the release of old pent-up energy. If this gets translated into dramatic posts, we may delete the post and invite the student to apply basic Playshop remedies.
Remedy: Students may be asked to review glossary words, to review 101 Shift Your Inner Dialogue or specific Playshop (102) lessons.
A single warning will be given for the following behavior:
- Phishing - seeking passwords or other personal information from members.
- Soliciting - attempting to sell goods or services to other members.
- Spamming - posting the same message to multiple activity feeds, classes or rooms.
Remedy: continued violations will result in a temporary prohibition from posting and in rare cases, permanent expulsion.
4. Anti-social offences (private or public) require permanent removal (expulsion) from campus:
- One Warning for:
- Bullying - Belittling or otherwise invalidating another member.
- Flaming - offensive messaging designed to insult or trigger another member.
- No Warning for:
- Gaslighting - manipulative communication with the intent to trigger or otherwise upset another student.
- Uninvited Processing - manipulative communication with the intent to shift perceptions.
- Trolling - posting inflammatory or off-topic messages.
Remedy: removal of the offending post and/or removal of offending member.
The doors are truly open to anyone and there are consequences for antisocial behavior. We do not have the time or patience to resolve manufactured problems, so we remove them. We invite anyone with antisocial tendencies to participate in The College without engaging with other students until the material has had time to work on their underlying issues.
Tuition Refunds: Prorated refunds will be given to withdrawing students (voluntary or expelled) for all unseen classes (0% completion) and a single incomplete class (<100% completion), if requested within six (6) months of tuition payment. There are no refunds for Registration (access to campus) or for Rooms (faculty or social), or for any Tuition (class) payments older than six months.
We have a safe and connected community that thrives through sharing. Know that you are safe here! Alert the Ombudsman (in Rooms) if you encounter any anti-social issues. The YBNL College aims to maintain its inherent positivity, first and foremost. We like connection and growth, and it's encouraged!
Thank you, and thanks for taking it lightly. It's just what I have to post at the gate to keep out the trolls. See you inside!
Brian Snyder, founder and creator
Updated January 19, 2023.